let His praise go on

Recently I fell in love with the lyrics of Chris Rice's song called "And Your Praise Goes On". A beautiful song reminding us that the praise that the Father in heaven so rightly deserves never ends.

Even if everyone on earth stops praising God, every other creation on earth will shout in praise of its own. The fact being that God is so great that it is impossible to silence the praise rendered to Him from every corner of the world.

My personal favourite is the last part of the song where it says:

And when my final breath You lend
I’ll thank You for the life You gave
But that won’t mean the praises end
‘Cause I won’t be silenced by the grave!

And Your praise goes on
I’ll be runnin’ to Your throne
With every nation, tribe and tongue
To Your arms I’ll fly
I’ll gaze into Your eyes
Then I’ll know as I am known
And Your praise goes on
And Your praise goes on
And Your praise goes on

Each time I listen to this part of the song being sung, my eyes just fill up with tears helplessly. I am reminded that even death will not stop me from praising my Lord and God, and that when I reach heaven, I would be just like a little child that I once was, running eagerly to the Father's arms, telling Him how much I love Him... I can almost picture it in my head.

Dear Father, may Your praise go on...

0 comments:

Post a Comment