Notice the similarities...

1) My Father's Heart
2) My Song is Love Unknown

I found it very interesting since I only realized the similarity between the two melodies when we were learning a few new hymns after fellowship dinner. When Cheryl started teaching the tune to the hymn "My Song is Love Unknown", I was like: "Wait a minute, this sounds very familiar..." And I was right, I did hear the tune before. It was the same tune from the song "My Father's Heart" sang by Rachel Lampa. The funny thing is I always thought that Rachel Lampa's version was the original, without knowing that the melody was actually borrowed from an old English hymn, which incidentally is one of Kok Keong's favorite hymn. I have always loved "My Father's Heart", but now that I have been introduced to this new beautiful hymn, I think it might just become one of my favorite hymns as well. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment