He built the bridge


photo taken from www.familychristian.com Posted by Hello

I suppose all of us believers would have had the experience of being overwhelmed by the story of the cross at any one point of our christian walk.

As I was scrolling through the family christian website, I came across this t-shirt and I cannot help but be reminded once again of the immensity of our redemption. If you can see the picture clearly, it reads: " Son, I need you to build a bridge, here are all the tools you will need, See you soon-Love, Dad". I never fail to to be moved to tears each time I am reminded of what Christ has done on the cross just to save me. Both the thought of Christ suffering on the cross and the joy of knowing that what he has done brings salvation to all of us still humbles me time and time again.

Quoting from the hymn "When i survey the wondrous cross":

See, from his head, his hands, his feet, sorrow and love flow mingled down.
Did e'er such love and sorrow meet, or thorns compose so rich a crown.

Were the whole realm of nature mine, that were an offering far too small;
Love so amazing, so divine, demands my soul, my life, my all.





2 comments:

chingwen said...

He who is the bread of the life began His ministry hungering.

He who is the Water of life
ended His ministry thirsting

Christ hungered as a man ,
yet fed the hungry as God.

He was weary,
yet He is our rest.

He paid tribute,
yet He is the King.

He was called a devil
but He cast out demons.

He prayed yet,
He hears prayer.

He wept,
and He dries our tears.

He was sold for 30 pieces of silver,
yet He redeems sinners.

He was led as a lamb to the slaughter,
yet He is a Good Shepherd.

He gave His life,
and by dying He destroyed death.

Anonymous said...

very good paradox there.... indeed the Lord is altogether lovely and wonderful in every aspect we can think of! =)

Post a Comment