Time Machine

I wish I had a time machine. I wish I could go back in time to those moments that mattered, go back to relive those memorable moments that was certain to make me smile. Or maybe just to be able to have a second change and change the mistakes of the past. But I guess life is like that, we all wish to have something magical that could do things that we can only dream of. Chris Rice would have wanted his magic wand; I would like to have my own time machine. However far fetched the idea may be, it all comes down to the human need for hope, for something better, something that allows us to cover up our flaws and make things better.

Why then did God not make time machines and magic wands a reality in this world? He could if he wanted to, but He didn’t. It sure would have made things better. Or would it? Maybe we are just missing the point. Instead of looking towards “something” to help us change our lives, we fail to see that “someone” is already waiting for us to turn towards him and depend on him. If only we would be willing to listen to His words and allow the spirit to guide us to making the right choices. Maybe then we would no longer have a need for a time machine or a magic wand, because we would finally be able to say that God has made all things well and that no time machine or any magic wand could have made it any better. So goodbye time machine, I have my Lord by my side and that will be just fine, thank you!

2 comments:

ling said...

wah... finally!

sooaun said...

yeah, welcome back ;)

Post a Comment