seasons:part 2

Funny how time flies as I can still remember the last time I posted about winter being just around the corner and how the tree beside my room is withering. It was as though few weeks ago I was thinking of the winter holidays and just now I am looking at the tree beside my room and I see signs of life. Little buds appearing as though waiting to blossom after a cold winter season.

Signs like these tells me spring is already here; a new beginning for all life created on earth, and by all life I mean literally "all life", even us human beings who do not need to lose their hair through winter (thank God for that) to show signs of withering to start all over again in spring. A fresh start in life doesn't always need to be at the beginning of the year does it? It would be nice if we could have the opportunity to start anew as many times as possible. Besides, the truth is, we need it.

That is why I find it such a beautiful coincidence (or shall I say divinely designed) that after Easter comes a season where what was seemingly dead in the winter start to show signs of new life. It was as though the story of Easter was to prepare us for the new season, the season of new beginnings. The fact that Christ rose again three days after His death, changed the course of life forever. Suddenly, all of us are given a chance to have a new life, Christ through His death and ressurection gave us that life. He made what was dead spritually in us bud and grow.

Psalm 19:7 says: The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. When was the last time you heard God's testimony? Maybe you heard it when you were reading the bible or a devotional book. What about his art? Have you seen His testimony through His artwork? If not, maybe its time to look out your window, have a stroll through a nearby park, and see what God has to offer through His masterpiece. If I may quote Max Lucado:"...there is a certain understanding of God on the cross that comes only with witnessing His daily testimony...To really understand and believe in the miracle on the cross, we'd do well to witness God's miracles everyday."

0 comments:

Post a Comment