Am i who i should be

I remember one of the earlier posts of this blog I mentioned a song which writes "Do they see Jesus in me, do they recognize His face..." This particular statement seem to remind me once again that have I been reponsible enough to reflect the beauty of Chirst as I should have? Or have I just let my testimony be turned into an awful stench to the holy name of the Lord Jesus.

I realise that many times I find myself in a position that even those who are not saved show a better testimony than I should have. Which begs the question: How did I find myself in this place where I see glimpses of Chirst-likeness in others rather than in his own child? It is as though if I was within a group of people chosen for others to point out which one in the group is a chirstian, I know I would not be chosen. Most of us are bothered that foreigners do not recognize which country we are from. We complain that just from our looks, the way we talk and act it is obvious where we come from. Similarly, what if someone came up and said: "I am sorry, I didn't recognize that you were a christian, you sure don't look like one."

It is bad enough for people not to recognize saved ones as believers, it is even worse if unsaved ones were seen as a better testimony than saved ones should be. Do they see Jesus in me? By God's grace and mercy, I sure do hope so...

0 comments:

Post a Comment