Isn't that what it is all about?

What am I talking about? Christmas of course. I went to a friend's place for dinner on Christmas eve and apart from bringing some food, I was asked to prepare the music for the night. So I was thinking: Christmas + dinner + music = Christmas music/carols. Sounds like a fairly appropriate choice, doesn't it? Despite my efforts to provide a Christmas-like feel to our dinner, the music that i chose wasn't really everyones favourite. So the host had to change the music selection to a more "modern" genre.

I didn't mind the music to be changed, because it is just music and I fully understand everyone have their preferences. However, there is one comment that troubled me was that one of the guest mentioned that she heard the word 'Jesus' a few times through the Christmas music and found it slighty unpleasant. I don't blame her because she is not a believer. However, the question that I would really like to ask is: Isn't Christmas all about the Lord Jesus Christ?

If the Lord Jesus was not born to this earth, there will be no Christmas, no joy of giving gifts to each other, no peace of a family gathering, no hope for a new year... no hope for all of us in this world. I am glad it is not so, I am thankful that when we remember Christmas, the Lord Jesus is the centre of it all, because Christmas is all about hope, the hope of a savior, the Lord Jesus Christ!

1 comments:

Noob Tourist said...

haha, yahh i nearly wanted to blurt out the same thing also when i heard the comment that night. Yes, Christmas is indeed all about remembering Jesus, Thanks God for that! :)

Post a Comment