another year...

January 4th, 2007 is officially the day I start my new year. Why? because its my BIRTHDAY!!! (applause... haha). Now with the very lame joke aside, I find that having reached the 23rd year of my life, many things have come and gone, many things have changed and there are so many lessons and experiences that I have gone through that at this point of my life, somewhere between the dreaming and the coming true... wait a minute that is Bebo norman's new cd, Hehe! Ok lame, but seriously I find myself at a point where there are so many decisions and so many possiblities and so many things happening around me. But when I went to bed last night, thinking that today would be my birthday, I asked myself one question: "With all that is has happened and that which will become of in the future, what is it that matters, now that it is my birthday?" Should I boast about my past and strive towards a better future? Or should I complain about my past and put no hope in the future? Then I was left in silence. I kept quiet to listen to what my heart really desires.

Finally I came to a conclusion: What matters is that for the past 23 years of my life, I have a family who loves and supports me all the way through. Moreover, I have a Father in heaven who watches over me and loves me even at my worst moments in life. What does that mean? It means on my birthday, I am reminded of how blessed I am, and how much I should be thankful for all that I already have. So thank you Pa and Ma for bringing me to this world and taking good care of me. Thank you Lord Jesus for giving this life meaning that I may have it more abundantly... Thank you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment