ever so thankful

" The cross we carry is never so heavy as the chains from which we were once freed "

These were the exact words that i saw written on a poster when i was having dinner at one of my church member's house. Those words just speak so clearly of how we should see things the way God see things. I find that I often fail to see things from God's perspective, and always have myself thinking : ' if only i had seen it the way God saw it' .

The christian life may seem like a tough journey as we walk through it, sometimes we ask ourselves if it is even worthwhile; but if only we could see that the cross we carry as a christian is far better than the chains that bound us, we would know that given a second chance to choose, we would still choose Christ.

That reminds me of two songs by Steven Curtis Chapman:
No better place - I was eight years old when I decided to follow Jesus. I started down that road, somebody told me that this path that leads to heaven will not be the easy way. Well I found that to be true, but I also found, I found out there's no better place on earth than the road that leads to heaven. No other place I'd rather be!

Remember your chains - Remember your chains. Remember the prison that once held you before the love of God broke through. Remember the place you were without grace and when you see where you are now. Remember your chains and remember your chains are gone

So even if our cross feels heavy at any point in time, just remember that the heaviest weight of our cross can only bring us to our knees. And when we are on our knees before God, He will bless us and comfort us; but when the Lord Jesus carried His cross, the weight of it led Him to His death, even so He chose the cross, and we were the reason He did it. Hallelujah, what a savior!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steven Curtis Chapman rocks! Love his 'Speechless' song!

Anonymous said...

Steven Curtis Chapman rocks! Love his 'Speechless' song!

Anonymous said...

hahaha.. you got that right bro! you should check out his new album - all things new! you should come and visit me in bristol, i'll show you my collection!

chingwen said...

hi shan!!hehe.. hi tong how!!
i agree!!!steven curtis chapman's wicked!!!He rocks!!!!
love what u mentioned here ... we r freed from the chain!!

chingwen said...

bad news.... go to YS's blog n take a look at his tag .. :<
keep him in prayer ...

Anonymous said...

he has always been in my prayers, I still believe that God is sovereign, and somehow He will make a way for things to work out for YS. For God loves us all too much to ever forsake us, that i sure of! ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment