my stronghold

Just before going to church this morning, thought just came into my mind about how I may consider many things in this world a "stronghold", something that i depend on to carry me through life. Whatever it may be, all these things seem to have its own flaws and are bound to fail at some point in time. It is a very depressing feeling to know that what you believed in, or what you hold on to all these years can actually fail you at some point in time, and by then you will have nothing else to reply on, so helpless.

However, the Lord's mercy never fails and has constantly reminded me of the fact that even if everything else fails, He will never fail and He will always be there to catch us when we fall. This will therefore mean that we should no longer hold on to the things that are fleeting, but hold on to the one thing that is trustworthy. It is a step of faith, but one that we all have to take to survive this dying world.

I can still remember the story of this faithful believer who left his village to share his testimony in the city. Despite all the wonderful hospitality and luxury he recieved, he chose to go back to his village. He said " I am very grateful for all that you have done to make this stay of mine a very pleasant one. However my day to day grip on the Lord is slipping away." He knew what mattered most, he knew who his stronghold should be, by God's grace many more will do the same.

5 comments:

kai 凯 said...

i still remember, in chong hwa hostel, b4 the 'awakening' music was spreaded from the speaker, u must b sitting on the stair steps (or the landing of the staircase), reading ur bible.

Anonymous said...

Oh really, bro, you use to do that before. I guess its just pretty much the same for you now, don't you^_^. Anyway, i believe that you are a faithful christian. That is great!!

I am picking up as well. I started to read Bible now, sometimes before I sleep. But still I have a long way to go. Hope will get there soon..^_^Bless you bro.

Anonymous said...

thanks bro...don't worry, i am still learning as well, there is just so much wonderful things to learn in the Bible!.=)

Anonymous said...

kor, i am so encouraged to see u being such a powerful witness for the Lord.. :) keep it up!

Anonymous said...

thanks pei ling, you are doing well too.. keep it up!

Post a Comment