mistaken identity

"Will you stop calling me the wrong name!!" ... that will probably be my reaction the next time i hear someone miscall my name. I was walking back from buying my dinner when i met a friend, the first thing he said was to call the wrong name. It has been many occasions that i have been called the wrong name and I don't know how they could possibly get my name wrong. I know most of them don't mean it, but please, i don't look like the other guy, neither do i sound like him or act like him, the only similarity I can think of is that we are both of the same height. Don't get me wrong, I am not being sensitive over such matters, it is just that it would be nice to be recognized as who i am, instead of being called the wrong name all the time.

Another point of bringing up the matter is that I keep asking myself how much do i really see of myself before Christ? Do I also have the same need to be recognized as myself or do I see myself as insignificant before Christ. I am ashamed to say that many times I fail to see that the picture God is painting in my life is not me, but Christ. The challenge always is , do others see Christ in us? Just like the song from Joy Williams "...do they see Jesus in me, do they recognize His face...". Can others come up to us and "accidently" mistake us for someone who resembles Christ in character? or do we bear Christ's name in vain?

- I am crucified with Chirst: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me - Gal 2:20a (KJV)
- Be ye therefore imitators of God, as beloved children; - Eph 5:1 (KJV)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

yup kor, thats exactly what i was thinking the other day.. the disciples were first called christians at antioch because they were 'like Christ'. may we be able to the same.

Post a Comment